Foundations is a two-day course (can also be run as four half-days) providing learners with the practical tools and knowledge to manage the key aspects of a project. The program covers all of the fundamental topics in Project management - scope, time, costs, risks, quality, stakeholder management and communications. It is aimed at those who are actively involved in projects (either managing or in the team) but who may not have had any formal training in projects.
US$0.00 – US$999.00 excl. GST
How long is it?
2 days, although you can run it over four half-days if you prefer.
Who is it for?
- Existing project managers who have never had any proper training in project management (yes, there are lots of them!).
- People who are in project teams and want to get a better understanding of project management.
- People who are (or are about to be) running a project but have not had any training yet.
- People who want to be a project manager.
Why do people do it?
- To get a good handle on the fundamentals of good project management.
- To bring some control to projects, without strangling them in bureaucracy.
- To gain the confidence to manage a project.
- To get new ideas and improve how you manage projects.
What’s in it?
- Defining the project scope
- Creating the project schedule
- Estimating project costs
- Managing project risks
- Managing stakeholders
- Creating a communication plan
- Practical aspects of project governance
What do I get?
Base materials (free)
- Participant workbook
- Slide deck
- Each Facilitator Guide has detailed activity descriptions, timings, examples, sample answers to questions, key messages, points to bring out in debriefs, links between topics. In case you're not that familiar with projects, we even have mini-scripts - what to say throughout the course. You can say the same things in your own words if you prefer, or just read them out as they are.
- A 'plan on a page' is provided for each workshop day, showing major topics, key activities and overall timings including suggested breaks, to help you plan your workshop.
- Detailed timings are given for each major topic.
- Case studies provide a simulated project for learners to apply their knowledge.
- Each case study has a detailed description of the project, including stakeholder profiles and financial information. They run to about 6 or 7 pages of information typically.
- You also get an Activity Guide, with detailed answers to all of the activities in the workshop. This typically runs to about 20 pages of information to assist you.
- Have a look at our case studies here.
What does it cost?
The base materials are free and available for you now. You can download them by adding them to your cart at no cost to you. There is no further commitment and no fee whatsoever. We only ask for your contact details so that we can email them to you.
Optional materials are chargeable as follows:
Facilitator pack $999
Case studies $399 each
While we provide the base materials for free, we do want to protect our IP and so all our materials are locked. However, should you wish to customise your own materials based on ours, we charge a one-off fee of $3,999.